Welcome to Silicon Valley TMS of San Francisco
Our mission at Integrated Clinical Neurosciences and Saad A. Shakir, M.D. and Associates is to provide a full range of integrated neuropsychiatric services to individuals in our community based on in-depth assessments, education, and collaboration with our referring professional community. We are proud to provide the highest ethical and professional standards of care, cost-effective treatment, and a collaborative partnership with individuals, families, and clinicians. Our philosophy emphasizes wellness, lifestyle modifications, and the latest and most modern advances in medicine and counseling. Our staff has many cultural backgrounds and experiences that translates into a very respectful and understanding environment of care for all cultures and backgrounds.
- Congratulations to our own Dr. Saad Shakir, who is a new recipient of the 2018 IMSA Lifetime Achievement Award for his contributions to medicine. Click here to see a video of his keynote address entitled “Advances in Neuro-Psychiatric Treatments in the 21st Century.”
- Starting March 2018, we at Silicon Valley TMS began treatment using Silicon Valley “Neuro-Navigated TMS”. This system allows us to manage more treatment resistant patients who don’t respond to the usual TMS process as well as treat other areas of the brain that might be the culprit for the resistance. It also allows us to start treating other conditions with TMS including Neuropathic pain, Tinnitus, auditory hallucinations, OCD, Addictions, ADHD, Parkinsonian tremor and other evolving conditions. Neuro-Navigated TMS is an exciting technology that will lead to better, more personalized treatment of depression and other conditions.
- Read articles on Drug Free Treatment for Drug Resistant Depression and TMS Potential for Relieving Chronic Pain
- Watch Dr. Shakir’s latest interview on The Better Part, “Addictions,” or other earlier interviews on our videos page.
- Silicon Valley TMS is adopting Freespira as a treatment for Panic Attacks and Panic Disorder. Click here to learn more.
- PBS: Dr. Shakir discusses the Syrian refugee crisis in Amman, Jordan and what can be done to fill the mental health care gap.
- Read about Steve Chappell’s struggle to find an effective treatment for his long-standing depression and his success with Deep TMS: Patients with Depression, PTSD, Tout Magnetic Helmet Treatment
“The fog had lifted…Things felt much sharper. I was smiling and laughing, which had been so hard for me. That became almost every day as the treatment progressed.”